www.salixium.com , SALIXIUM subdomain and mySALIXIUM apps
This policy was last updated on 8th of August 2021.
Who we are
We are a company operating a number of services including SALIXIUM from our [(www.salixium.com , SALIXIUM subdomain and mySALIXIUM apps)].
The Web Company, the operators of www.salixium.com , SALIXIUM subdomain and mySALIXIUM apps (“Website”) are committed to respecting your privacy and recognising your need for appropriate protection and management of personally identifiable information or other personal information you share with us including any information about you or by which you can be identified, such as your name, address, telephone number, photographs, NRIC/Passport information, location data from scanning QR code, camera permission for scanning QR code and capture image, credit card information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interest, etc (“Personal Information”).
The purpose of this Data Protection Policy & Security Statement is to inform you what Personal Information we may collect from you when you visit our Website, how we use and secure such Personal Information, and the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to review and correct, the Personal Information.
We have agreed to (i) provide customers with notice of their ability to opt out of information rental, sale exchange with marketers; (ii) honour customer requests not to share their information with other marketers and (iii) honour customers’ request not to receive mail, electronic mail, telephone or other solicitation from the Web Company or the Website.
Data protection register entry details and legal compliance
- We are committed to protecting the Personal Information we collect from users of the Website and processing such information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 with applicable regulations and code of practice.
- We use such information as set out below in this Policy, but generally to enhance your experience of using the Website, process your order, allow interactivity and to provide you with the services, products and/or additional services reflected on our Website that you request from us (“Services”).
- We also outlie in our Security Statement, below, the security measures we take to protect the Personal Information provided to us.
When information is collected?
- There may be times (such as when you register to a Service on the Website, purchase or order a product, register to receive marketing information, or to participate in competitions, user reviews, contests, or promotions, etc) at which we ask you to provide certain information about yourself such as your name, shipping/billing address, NRIC/Passport information, telephone or mobile number, email address, credit card information, location data from scanning QR code, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interest, etc.
- When you use the Website, register and/or subscribe for our Services (or as required) or purchase products, you may have to complete a subscription process including a registration form and provide Personal Information.
- Any Personal Information collected via this Website will be held by or on behalf of the Web Company. We will only use your Personal Information as is required to provide, sell or supply products or the relevant Services, or as permitted by data protection law, or for any other purposes as requested by or agreed with you.
- Where you have consented to receive emails or you have subscribed to the Website or in respect of any Services, if you do not want to be contracted in the future about any promotional or marketing offers, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected] and we will stop sending you any promotional emails.
If you have contracted us or submitted queries via email, we will use the information solely to respond to these emails and in relation to the products or services.
Using information about you
- We use the Personal Information you provide in connection with the Services and internal purposes, such as confirming and tracking your subscription, registration or order, analysing tends and statistics, informing you of our new products, services and offers and providing you with information from and about the Website, Web Company or related companies.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mailings, please let us know by: calling us at +603-8686 8870 or sending us an email: [email protected] or write to us at [Medkad Sdn Bhd] (No 117, Block 3, No 7 Laman Seri Business Park, 40100 Shah Alam) Attention: Customer Service.
- We may contract with third party companies, sub-contractors, service providers, agents or other persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data management, web development, promotional services, etc (“Service Providers”). We call them our Service Providers and we shall be entitled to provide our Service Providers with the Information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
- We, our group companies or related third parties may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our Website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an e-mail message to the contact details as indicated below.
Product and promotional information
- When you access certain pages on the Website, subscribe for a Service, purchase products or register for competitions or other services, you may be given the opportunity to receive information by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you.
- In the event you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration or other process.
- You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line, by e-mailing us at [email protected] or telephoning us on the contact numbers provided.
Children and minors
- The Web Company does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children and minors. Anyone under the age eighteen (18) will not be knowingly allowed to register for any services on the Website or to purchase any products or service on the Website.
- In the event that we become aware or informed that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 18 without verification or parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
- Minors of under 18 years order should make sure that they ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet including to the Web Company.
Provision of information to third parties
- We will not disclose any Personal Information to third parties unless the disclosure is required or authorised by law, or you have consented to our disclosing your Personal Information, or for other purposes (relating to the primary purpose for collecting that information, including the processing of your personal data of Personal Information by our agents or data processors) that is reasonably expected including the sale or disposal of any part of our business or rights.
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed to other businesses within our group of companies and to reputable third parties who will help process your order. We will require all such third parties to treat your Personal Information as fully confidential and to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 with applicable regulations and code of practice.
- If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory, investigatory or government authority to provide your Personal Information and/or other user information, we are entitled to do so in compliance with the law to facilitate an investigation into suspected unlawful activities.
Sale of business
- If all or part of our business is sold (whether by sale of shares or assets) or integrated with another business, your details and Personal Information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser or purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
- Following completion of any such sale or transfer, your Personal Information shall be disclosed to and transferred to such new owner or third party.
Our Website uses ‘cookies’ to distinguish you from other users of our website.
This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our service. On revisiting our website, we will therefore be able to obtain information about your previous visits and about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches and to recognise you when you return to our site.
- Generally provide a more convenient browsing experience for you.
Editing, updating, correcting and deleting information about you
If you prefer not to receive information from us, or wish to correct your information, please let us know by:
Send us an email at [email protected]
(Medkad Sdn Bhd, No 117, Block 3, No 7 Laman Seri Business Park, 40100 Shah Alam)
Attention: Customer Service.
This is the Security Statement and Policy of the Web Company in compliance with Personal Data Protection Act 2010 with applicable regulations and code of practice. The internal procedures of the Web Company are designed to cover the storage, access and disclosure of your Personal Information.
The Web Company are committed to online security. We maintain security measures to protect the sensitive data on our Website and to prevent unauthorised access of customer information that is transmitted to servers. We cannot however guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet.
To prevent unauthorised access and maintain the accuracy of our records and data to ensure proper use information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect, secure and safeguard the personal data and information we collect on or through our website.
We are taking and will endeavour to continue to take all reasonable steps in order to protect our information and well personal data obtained by our provided to the Web Company. However, the Web Company cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information or data disclosed to it or collected by it as we have no control over the public or third party network through which Personal Information may be sent to our website.
Any changes to this policy will be posted on this Website.